What do we do?
We are church together in three types of groups:
1. Foundation groups – groups of 2 or 3 people of the same sex, meeting weekly to learn, share more deeply, pray, and train together as Jesus’ disciples.
2. House church – groups of up to around 20 people, including kids, meeting every week to learn, love, pray and serve together.
3. Whole network – all the groups within the Travellers Well gather together roughly every 2 months to catch up on family news, hang out, learn together and worship as a larger group.
Travellers are encouraged to belong to all 3 sizes of group.
Every time we meet, we aim to:
- Reading, discussing, and applying the bible together
- Everybody contributing from their experience of life & God
- Expecting God to lead our discussions through His Spirit
- Learning from each other how to live as disciples of Jesus
- Caring for each other throughout the week
Where are we coming from?
We were “born” out of a Baptist church in Adelaide, and retain informal links with our parent church and the association of Baptist Churches of SA.
We will collaborate with any and every Christian church on earth, particularly in Northern SA!
The Theological Jargon Bit!
Whilst open to new forms of “being church” together, we remain Bible-based in our theology. We take a high view of the Bible as God’s revealed word and the Gospel as powerful to transform lives. We affirm the Apostles’ Creed and Nicene Creed as historical statements of orthodox Christian faith. We regard every Christian as gifted by the Holy Spirit, and sent into the world by Jesus, joining him in his mission of reconciling people to God and healing the world.